Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hour-a-Day April: Day Thirty

Today wasn't overly productive. After karate, I let Jeremy take a nap, so I missed out on my prime productive time. I did stop at the produce store to get some fruit and veggies. While I was there, on a whim, I bought six vegetable plants to plant in a container in my backyard. Then I found a container to use, took it to my father-in-law's so he could help me drill some drainage holes in the bottom, lined it with coffee filters, took it to the township dirt pile and filled it with soil, then planted my six little plants. Who knows if anything will come of my plants (two tomato plants, two jalapeño pepper plants, one eggplant plant, and one green pepper plant, I think - they weren't very well labeled, and I didn't ask, because I liked the idea of surprise vegetables). It's worth a shot, anyhow, and I think Valerie will enjoy watching them grow.

Then we went to Trevor's fourth birthday party at BounceU, which was a lot of fun, and not nearly as chaotic as I was expecting. Then home for some watermelon, Glee and, hopefully soon, bed.

I still have a lot to do on my HADA projects, and I'm a little bummed that I didn't get them done, but at least I don't feel like there is no end in sight anymore, so that's something. I had kinda hoped that my last day of HADA would be one of those awesomely productive days, but at least I crossed the finish line. Not with a bang, but a whimper.

Day 30 tally: 1 hour shopping and planting vegetables.

1 comment:

jd said...

At least you now know it's possible....to me that makes the whole HADA month worthwhile and definitely worth the effort.