Friday, April 15, 2011

Hour-a-Day April: Day Fifteen

Today was one of those crazy days. Long night, early morning, long walk to the park and back with friends and their toddlers, lunch, then babysitting a neighbor girl in the afternoon. The only net gains on the productivity front were one load of regular laundry, diaper laundry, and one load of dishes run through the dishwasher. None of those really count, though, because that's all stuff I have to do anyhow, HADA or no HADA.

When Jeremy got home from work, all I wanted to do was sleep, but instead, we did something we've been trying to schedule since we got gift cards for Christmas: dinner and a movie without the kids. It was really nice to enjoy a meal without worrying about keeping two little ones entertained, to talk about our days without being interrupted, and to finish my meal while it was still warm. I had 2 or 3 cokes, too, a luxury I don't often allow myself, but since I had just nursed and pumped before leaving it was optimal timing for the least amount of caffeine to enter my milk.

Caffeinated enough to stay awake for 90 minutes or so, we went to see Source Code. It was not quite what I expected, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then we spent the whole drive home debating time paradoxes and alternate universe theories. That may have been even more fun than the movie.

We picked up Dorothy, but we left Valerie at her grandparents' house for the night. It's a nice treat to only have to bend your sleep to one child's needs for a night. Speaking of which, Dorothy just finished nursing, and it's time for us to go to bed.

Day 15 tally: Dinner and a movie without the kids: 4 hours.

2 comments:

jd said...

Good for you!

Rachel E.S. Walton said...

You rock!