Thursday, April 07, 2011

Hour-a-Day April: Day Seven

Today was a busy day. One of my initial worries with HADA was, "How am I going to be productive on busy days?" Well, I'm still not sure about that one. Today was not a "productive" day, but it was a good one. Maybe you need days like that in your schedule.

Dorothy and I woke up at 7, and I figured I had about 20 minutes of her keeping herself happy during which I could work on HADA projects. I took a shower. And, doggone it, that shower counts towards my hour, because showering during the week is one of the things I find it hardest to make time for. After my shower, I wasn't able to get much else done, but I did get all three of us dressed and a lunch packed so we could go to the zoo.

We spent about four hours at the zoo. It was crowded with school groups, but we had a great time. And Valerie slept the whole way home, which was a nice bonus.

After the zoo, I was planning on cleaning up and making dinner for the book club I was supposed to be hosting tonight. As of this morning, I was down to one guest, and when I got home, there was a message waiting from her asking if she could come over and visit with me earlier, since she had a lot of school work to do tonight. I looked around at my messy house, shrugged, and said "Sure."

We had a really nice visit. I didn't get any cleaning done, and I didn't get dinner made, but I got to spend and hour and a half catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in a while. It was totally worth it. And, I think, making time for a friend I haven't seen in ages totally fits the definition of HADA.

Jer and I took the girls to a diner for dinner, which was a fun last-minute outing. Now, both girls are asleep, and I am planning on joining them in slumberland any minute now. Going to bed early is something I rarely find time for, either.

I don't know whether I would call today a success or not. I definitely did more than an hour of hard-to-find-time-for activities. But it was a little bit too much like my Sunday - it was enjoyable, but I do hope to have more of the actually productive days, as well.

Day Seven tally: 20 minute shower, 1.5 hours visiting with a friend, 2 hours early to bed = 3 hours 50 minutes.

No comments: