Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hour-a-Day April: Day Twenty-Four

Today was really busy. 8:00 am "sunrise" service, church breakfast, followed by our regular Sunday routine of 9:45 music and 10:00 service. I was on the worship team this morning, so there was no rolling over to get an extra hour of sleep. Poor Valerie took the loss of sleep especially hard, and I had to hold her during the songs I sang (and she escaped to provide an impromptu dance performance while I was drumming).

In between the breakfast and the music service, I dressed the girls in their white Easter dresses and we got some family pictures. (Score one for the smart mama who saved the white dresses until AFTER the Easter breakfast.)

IMG_6293

After church, we went back to Nana and PopPop's house for Easter dinner. Dorothy and I took a 20-minute catnap and missed the Easter egg hunt, but rain was was in the weather forecast, and they didn't want to wait too long. I woke up just in time to snap some pictures of an almost-asleep-on-her-feet Valerie and find the last egg for her because she had run out of steam.

IMG_6384

After dinner, I took a three-hour nap. I was going to watch Doctor Who (because my in-laws have BBC America, and we don't), but the new episode is not up On Demand yet, and the nap was much-needed. I was going to call today a day off, and take a three-day HADA weekend, but three-hour naps are rare enough to fit the criteria of HADA.

Day 24 tally: 3 hours napping.

No comments: