Friday, March 31, 2006

Barely Related Ramblings

The green tea frappuccino is supposed to come with raspberry syrup, but it tastes aMAZing with peppermint syrup instead.

It was a really beautiful day today. It felt like summer. Unfortunately, I decided to take advantage of not having to work until 2:15 by sleeping in, so I missed most of the beautiful day. To top it all off, I woke up with incredible head congestion and an accompanying headache that I didn't connect with the delayed consumption of coffee until it was almost time for me to go to work, so I didn't get the caffeine headache to shut up until I was basically already at work. I did sit outside on my ten-minute break and enjoy the sun while I could.

I took a bath this morning. I love that floppy feeling that you get after soaking in a hot tub. All of your muscles feel relaxed and you feel like you could just melt into the sheets. Unfortunately, my bath didn't help my head congestion. Thank goodness for DayQuil.

On the way to my bath, I picked up a Gordon Korman book from my shelf to read. I think it's one I got at a thrift store at some point, and I remember reading it as a kid. It was so much fun getting back into it again! If you know any kids in the middle-school-ish age range, I highly recommend Gordon Korman's books. They are so quirky and fun. And Canadian. I don't know much about his newer works, but I read everything I could get my hands on back when I was in middle school. I think Losing Joe's Place was my favourite.

Good things I received today:
-My first paycheck
-My first free, weekly pound of coffee
-A really nice card in the mail from my spoiler (Thanks again!)
-A visit at work from my husband and in-laws

Jeremy came back to my work a little while later with pizza, so I got to eat dinner with him on my meal break. That was really nice. I love my husband (and not just when he comes bearing food!)

No comments: