Monday, March 13, 2006

Theme for Tonight: Paperwork

Before I went to bed last night, I printed out a resume and cover letter to substitute teach at my father-in-law's school on the days I don't have class. Then I completed an application to work at Starbucks.

After class today, I stopped by Starbucks with my application, and the manager just happened to be there at the time, with a few minutes to spare, so I had an interview on the spot. It looks like I will have a job there as long as I fill out all the online paperwork.

Then I got home, and my father-in-law told me that they could use me as a sub this Friday if I was interested. I probably won't take this Friday, because my mom will be visiting, but if they are really desperate, I will take it, to show willing. Even so, it's a pretty good sign that they needed me so quickly, and I should get more calls as soon as I finish all the paperwork for them.

So, tonight, I will be filling out a Starbucks application, a substitute teaching application, and, while I'm at it, an application for admission to the seminary that I have been attending classes at for two weeks already. I really should get that thing done.

But, piles of paperwork aside, the prospect of income is heartening. Thank God for good weather and a day full of undashed hopes.

No comments: