Tuesday, March 07, 2006

For the biscuit lover in you...

Saturday, we went to Red Lobster to celebrate my father-in-law's and brother-in-law-in-law's birthdays. They both like seafood. I do not.

But Red Lobster makes a decent chicken breast, and a bottomless basket of really, really tasty cheese biscuits. So I never complain when someone wants to go to Red Lobster, because it means I can fill up on bread, just like my father taught me not to do.

I have learned an important lesson about restaurants: they let you take your leftovers home with you! So when they bring me two pieces of chicken, I don't have to eat them both right away. I can eat one now, and save the other for later, thus making more room in my tummy for a second cheese biscuit. And a third. And, um, a fourth. I really like those cheese biscuits, okay?

And while I'm on the subject of tasty carbohydrate-laden biscuits that I'm pretty sure are so tasty because they are deep-fried rather than baked... I wore a skirt today that I remembered being too small for me, but it actually fit! Which I am going to take as a good sign regarding the state of my body, although it could just as easily be a bad sign regarding the state of my memory.

P.S. Tip for the day: If you're ever going to Red Lobster for someone's birthday, you can get a whole cake that easily serves 10-12 people for $6. A pretty good deal considering most of the desserts on the menu are $5 per serving.

1 comment:

Novac said...

Another fun trick: Wrap a couple biscuits in one of their large napkins and toss it in your purse. Eat a couple, and place a couple on your plate. By then, the basket will be empty, and you'll get refilled. At that point, you can eat whatever you want, and put the rest of the basket in your take-home box! w00t!