Friday, April 14, 2006

Money and Dates

Today, Jeremy got his first paycheck, and I got my first full paycheck. It's a good feeling to actually have income.

Tomorrow morning, we will open a bank account so we can send checks to our increasingly impatient loan companies. I hope we're in time to avert any major credit crises.

Tomorrow night, we have a date. I want to do something that I can dress up for. I don't know what it is about the traditional "dinner and a movie" date that I dislike so much, but it just never seems worth it to me. It makes sense when you're single and trying to establish a relationship, but spending $60 on something we could have done at home for $5 just seems like a waste. Plus, no one dresses up to go to the movies anymore.

I would love to go see a play, but it's so expensive, too. A friend sent me an email offering half-price tickets to the Shakespeare festival, but they're not for Saturday night. I'd like to go see Shakespeare, but if I can get half price tickets, it seems like I should wait until I can use them.

Hmm, I just got out the local guide, and we could see Little Shop of Horrors at a local university tomorrow. It seems a little expensive ($16) for a university performance, but it's still cheaper than a full-price Shakespeare ticket and 45 minutes closer to home. I know most people don't dress up to go to university plays, but I don't think I'd look completely out of place, either. Jer says it's a good idea, so I think we'll do that.

Speaking of dressing up, we have decided to have a semi-formal garden party for our five-year anniversary. I love an excuse to dress up, although to see me in my everyday thrift store attire, you would probably never guess it of me. More plans to be released later, but it will be the first Saturday in June and it will involve a piñata. I can't believe I didn't think of a piñata for my wedding. If you plan on being in the Philadelphia area for that weekend, let me know, and I'll see about getting you an invite and directions.

P.S. A special thank you to those of you who have been clicking on my ads. I am 1/6 of the way to actually getting a check!

No comments: