Wednesday, April 01, 2015

HADA 2015: Day -1

Sometimes, all you need in life is a friend to sit at your kitchen table and have coffee and conversation while you wash the dishes. I feel like all I did today was wash dishes for hours on end, but the time passes faster with company. Further confirmation that I am not one of those people who was built to live in isolation.

Today, I:

  • Put corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot for dinner
  • Sorta ate breakfast (1/4 of a bagel that a child abandoned - that counts, right?)
  • Washed almost all the dishes (including all of the dishes I dirtied today)
  • Finished almost all the laundry
  • Cut up a ton of fruit to make fondue, and let both girls help (Valerie even got to use a REAL knife!)
  • Put away leftovers and cleaned up the table immediately after dinner
  • Hard-boiled the eggs I needed to send with Valerie to school
  • Emptied sink and swept kitchen floor before bed
  • Did a bit of mending (combed out and re-braided the ear flaps and sewed up a hole on one of Valerie's favorite hats that was looking raggedy)
  • Read my Bible before bed
Still a lot to do, but if I can keep up even a fraction of this pace, it will be a productive April, indeed!

But the next few days of my life will be dedicated to preparing a Passover seder for about 35 people, so I don't know how many HADA-related projects I will get done. My mom is coming today, though, so I will have an extra set of hands to help with the kids and dishes. And my Girl Scout badge ceremony was rescheduled from this week to next week, which frees up a whole evening (plus prep time), so I am cautiously optimistic.

No comments: