Thursday, June 30, 2011

June Road Trip Photo Post

There is quite a blog post backlog in my brain right now, and I think it's time I started just throwing stuff up here to make room for coherent thoughts in case they ever decide to make a reappearance. Until then, photos and half-formed sentences.

Ten years ago (June 9, 2001), Jeremy and I got married. We spent the first two nights of our married life at a lovely B&B with a king-sized bed. It seemed ridiculously large.

Ten years later, we stayed at a hotel in Buffalo for my cousin's wedding. It had a king-sized bed, which now seemed to be just the right size.

Sleeping Wakemans 2

Classic family picture at the wedding reception - Half of us look okay.

IMG_6801

We had some friends watch the girls at the hotel for the second half of the wedding reception so we could go back and enjoy some kid-free time. (Which, for Mama means dancing, and for Daddy means playing with the settings on the camera. Win-win, because he got some pretty good dancing pictures.)

IMG_6819

On Sunday, we drove Jeremy to the train station so he could go back to work on Monday, then the girls and I bounced around Western New York for a few more days.

We spent the day in Niagara Falls with my friend Sarah. Both girls fell asleep. (Valerie slept in the stroller for FOUR HOURS!)

IMG_6879

IMG_6882

Then we went to visit my friend Nicki, who has five sons, a farm, and a baby girl 2 days younger than Dorothy.

IMG_6892

I let the older boys play with my camera, and they took hundreds of pictures, some of which were pretty good.

IMG_6924

IMG_6946

And there is so much more I would like to say, but I need to finish this quickly or it will never get done (like the other version of it that has been sitting in my drafts folder for weeks). Here's to good times with the best kind of family and friends - the kind you can go months without seeing but pick up right where you left off without missing a beat. I love you guys!

P.S. There are way more pictures than this up on Flickr. Click on the black and white farm photo to see the slideshow.
IMG_7278b

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have to ask... who took the first one?

jd said...

Great post and set of photos.
@ Heather: I DID!!