Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You may ignore this post

I'm having problems with my RSS reader, so I'm posting something I wrote before to test it out.

Four jobs I’ve had

1. Lifeguard at my church camp
2. Dough stretcher at BeaverTails
3. Youth worker with high risk kids and teens
4. Life drawing class model

Four movies I can watch over and over

1. The Princess Bride
2. Return of the Killer Tomatoes
3. Shrek
4. Tank Girl

Four Places I have Lived

1. Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (In the same little row house for 19 years until I went away to college, then in a 2-bedroom apartment in the West end with my husband last year)
2. Houghton, New York (In the dorms for one semester, and in a big old estrogen haven of a Victorian stagecoach inn with 11 other girls for two years)
3. Toronto, Ontario, Canada (In the grad residence for a year, then in a basement apartment in Scarborough with my husband for 2 years)
4. Willow Grove, Pennsylvania (In my in-laws basement. For the second time, actually.)
(I also spent a semester abroad in London, UK, and worked for a summer in Estes Park, Colorado. So why did I pick the boring locations for the meme? Beats me.)

Four TV Shows I Love

1. LOST
2. The Simpsons
3. Gilmore Girls
4. Degrassi: The Next Generation (I miss Canadian television)

Four Places I’ve Vacationed

1. Japan
2. Ireland and the UK (and a wee bit of Europe - Holland and France)
3. Ocean City, NJ (Jeremy's family goes every year, so it's a tradition I've adopted)
4. Algonquin Park (My family went camping every year, and Jeremy married camping when he married me)

Four of My Favorite Dishes

1. Sloppy joes
2. Beef stew
3. Chicken finger subs with S&S sauce from Harrington's
4. Vermicelli bowl from that Vietnamese place near my law school

Four Sites I visit Daily

1. Dooce
2. Fertility Friend
3. My Livejournal friends page
4. At least a dozen other blogs - Here's one of them

Four Places I’d Rather be Now

1. In a house that I own
2. Camping on an island that I canoed to, miles from another living soul
3. In a close-knit community
4. Okay, I know I'm totally cheating and not listing actual locations. I guess I'm feeling more like a situation-shift than a location shift right now. Number one on my list of places I would like to visit someday if money was no object: Lalibela, Ethiopia.

Four People I am Tagging

I don't like tagging people for these things. Do it if you feel inspired.

No comments: