Sunday, April 21, 2013

HADA 2013: Days 14-21

So, I hit a wall. It was a combination of factors. Sick kid, busy weekend, bad weather, then getting a little bit behind on housework, which spiraled into a getting lot behind. I did do a few things. I finished getting the garden prepped, and Valerie and I planted one row of vegetables. I started organizing the laundry room, but didn't get to finish. Started sorting and putting away my maternity clothes, but didn't get to finish. Actually, there were an awful lot of things I didn't get to finish. Everyone was stir crazy this week, and it all kinda fell apart. I kinda fell apart.

I may have mentioned that we just moved to a new house in a new town. There are a lot of upsides to this: We have a bigger house, in a small town, walking distance to the park, surrounded by fresh air and farm land. But there are downsides, too, and the biggest one, for me (an undisputed extrovert) is that we left all of our friends and familiar haunts behind. Even grocery shopping is harder, now, because I don't know where the stores are, and when I find them, the aisles are set up differently, and everything just takes a bit more effort because it's not familiar. We've been making the hour-long trip back to our old neighborhood far too often, and the long trip is draining on everyone, but it gets lonely in a new town. And when it's too cold/rainy to go to the park, the loneliness dial cranks up even more.

I'm hoping that this week will go better than last. We're off to a decent start. We went grocery shopping today, and I planned out a menu for the week with lots of crockpot meals, so I can do the work in the morning, before the day falls apart. We have something on the agenda for almost every day (but no hour-long trips back, this week). And, for the first time in about a week, I actually tackled a HADA-worthy project today. I finally sorted and put away all of my maternity clothes, and assembled a new garment rack so I could unpack the two giant wardrobe boxes in the corner of our room, then moved everything from the boxes to the rack or the closet, and broke down the boxes. I never looked at the clock, but I'm sure it was at least an hour. And then I started filling out Valerie's kindergarten registration forms (oh my goodness, so many forms!) which probably took another hour, and I'm not even done, yet.

So, I was off the wagon for about a week, but I'm back on, now. Here's to taking life one day at a time, and getting back on the horse, and a bunch of other trivialities that really are true.