Thursday, January 18, 2007

Just so you know: It's all my fault

It rained all night Saturday night, and pretty much all day Sunday. So when I packed up my tent on Sunday afternoon, it was still soaking wet. Not ideal for storage. Unless you really like mildew.

So I made a mental note to keep an eye on the weather for a bright, sunny day in which to set up my tent in the backyard, allow it to dry out, and pack it up properly.

Yesterday was that bright, sunny day. It was cold, but dry and sunny. It was perfect for drying out a tent. Only I didn't set my tent up yesterday. I set it up today, right before I went in to work this morning. And while I was at work, it started snowing. And it snowed all day; all over my poor, little, already-wet tent.

So, in case you were wondering why it snowed in Philadelphia today, now you know. It snowed because I set up my tent. Love me or hate me for it, but that's just the way it is.

My tent did look pretty under all that snow, however. Anyone want to go winter camping?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the time we camped for a week, and it rained one night, then not the next, then it did, and so on, and in the process our tent was wet and never did dry out! Consequently, the carpetted floor of the van never dried out, either, and it was mouldy for months!

Susie said...

HA HA HA. If you see on the news that there is rain in TN, that means that I washed the van that day;)

Anonymous said...

dear jule ann,

next time you make it snow, can you make it a real snowfall and not a wussy half an inch?

yours truly,
jon

Jule Ann said...

Dear Jon,

It was only a two-man tent. I suppose, for proper snow, I would need to air out a bigger tent. Next time, I'll borrow the Waltons' ten-man. Thank you for your suggestion.

Yours truly,
Jule Ann.

Anonymous said...

I guess it wasn't my fault this time! My family could NEVER go on a camping trip without it raining on the very last day (so the tents never were dry when we got home). Last year I had such a hankering to go camping (and no time previously) that I talked my brother into going camping at the end of October in Shenandoah (had to settle for that 'cause all the campgrounds in NY were closed - I originally wanted to go camping in the Adirondacks...) Of course, there was 2 inches of snow on the ground in the campground the first night (and I happened to unknowingly choose the most elevated campground in the park). So we bundled up with about 5 sleeping bags each (I felt like a really really fat caterpillar). We didn't freeze, but it sure was a deterrent to the middle of the night full bladder crisis!

Anonymous said...

Personally, i blame manbearpig.