Thursday, August 11, 2011

HADA - Days 9 through 11

I'm still not doing great on HADA, but I'm not giving up yet. Today has been the best day so far this week, which is rather hard to believe, because I'm in a bit of a grouchy mood today. We canceled play date plans in order to focus on potty training, and potty training has been going extremely well today, but stay-at-home days tend to be stir crazy, "drive each other up the wall" days. I just hope the potty results are long-term, which will make the sacrifice worth it.

I've also done a few things that weren't time consuming, but fit into the "meaning to do for a while" category. I resurrected my kefir grains, and we have had delicious fresh kefir smoothies for breakfast the last two mornings. It doesn't take much time to culture kefir, but you do have to pay attention to it at least once a day, and it tends to become just one more thing to forget about.

Aug. 9: Nothing really. Potty training, laundry.
Aug. 10: Beach day with friends who will be moving across the country next month.
Aug. 11: Caught up on Dorothy's birthday letters, caught up (almost) on dishes.

We're going out of town next week, so I'm not sure what I'll do with HADA then. I have some diapers I have been hoping to repair, and a book I need to read for LLL (and a testimonial to write for LLL as well), so maybe I will focus on those things while I'm gone. Maybe I'll even crochet something cute for the newest second cousin who will be arriving any day now!

Dorothy has a stuffy nose, so she hasn't been sleeping well at night, and as a result, I haven't been sleeping well at night. I'm feeling pretty drained, but I'm still hoping for at least one more good, productive day before we leave for the fair on Saturday. Wish me luck!

No comments: