So, color Jule Ann very happy this week, with the return of LOST! I know there's only going to be eight episodes (boo, writer's strike!), but still, it started back up with such a bang, I feel like it's going to be eight, quality episodes.
Some observations (probably chock-full of spoilers):
1. I was a little worried after the end of season 3 that switching to flash forwards instead of flashbacks would close things off too much and make the remaining seasons just feel like resolution and tying up loose ends. And yet, somehow, they managed to create MORE mystery with an uncertain future.
3. "The Oceanic Six" apparently includes Hurley, Jack, and an unfreckled Kate. Any guesses on the other three? I'm thinking Sawyer for at least one, but I'm drawing a blank for the other two.
4. If Hurley and Jack went separate ways, how did they both get rescued? The only thing I can think of is that this isn't actually the rescue that gets them off the island.
5. Any guesses on who the people on the freighter are? I'm leaning towards an evil corporate entity, out to exploit the island's power or something. We've already got our evil communists, so we're due for some evil capitalists.
6. Did you ever notice that Richard hasn't aged a day in 30 years? Jeremy thinks he came from the pirate ship (the one with the dynamite). I wonder if he has four toes...
7. The first hour was a pretty good recap episode, even for someone who watched all of the first three seasons. I noticed that they didn't bother mentioning the Nicki and Paolo episode, though. Was that really just a random interlude, or will it come back and have some significance later?
8. I just checked, and this week's episode is already up On Demand. Which means I will be able to watch next week's episode even though I have to work the closing shift at work. Woot!