Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Poem for Tuesday

If I had been unable to open the outdoor water spigot to plug in the pressure washer,
it would have been enough.
If I had been unable to open the outdoor water spigot to plug in the pressure washer, but been able to plug the machine in next to the indoor spigot,
it would have been enough.
If I had not been able to plug the machine in next to the indoor spigot, but been able to at least plug it in on the same side of the building,
it would have been enough.
If I had been forced to run garden hose all the way around two sides of the building to reach the electrical outlet, but the outlet had actually worked,
it would have been enough.
If the outlet hadn't worked, but the machine had turned on after finding a second outlet, back indoors through a different door,
it would have been enough.
If the machine had refused to turn on after I found a second outlet, back indoors through a different door, but the hose I had ineffectually attached to the indoor sink had not come loose and caused a minor flood,
it would have been enough.
If the hose that I had ineffectually attached to the indoor sink had come loose and caused a minor flood, but the pressure washer actually had decent pressure once I finally got it working,
it would have been enough.
If the pressure washer had performed poorly once I finally got it working, but I had been able to complete the job initially got the pressure washer out for,
it would have been enough,
If I had been unable to complete the job I initially got the pressure washer out for, but had not sliced a huge gash into my right index finger later on in the evening,
it would have been enough.
If I had sliced a huge gash in my right index finger that bled through two band-aids, but did not already have a painful hangnail on the second finger of my right hand,
it would have been enough.
If I was typing this almost exclusively with my ring finger because the other ones hurt too much, but I didn't have to wake up early tomorrow,
it would be enough.
For all of these, alone and together, I say,
"Enough!"

1 comment:

Christine said...

What a crappy day!!!! In times like these I like to sing the song by the Beatles.

"You have to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time! (couldn't get any worse!)"