- If you can only make it to one sale, go to the Cozy Tots one. It's huge.
- If possible, leave the kids at home. It can get chaotic at some of the sales, and you'll want both hands free. (Also bear in mind that a lot of the sales don't allow strollers.)
- Double check beforehand if they take credit cards - some sales do, and some sales don't. Bring enough cash for what you think you might buy, plus a little extra. You just never know what you might find.
- Make a list. I know it sounds obvious, but I can speak from experience, when I don't have a list, I forget things. Make sure to put any bigger items you might be in the market for on the list, too. You'll save a lot by getting a used stroller or exersaucer.
- Look for "new in package" items that you can set aside as Christmas/birthday gifts. No one has to know you didn't pay full price.
- Unless something really awesome jumps out at you, only buy clothes in the next size or two and/or for the next two seasons. There will be another sale in six months.
- Get there early. Things get picked over pretty quickly.
- Alternatively, wait until the end of the sale, and get huge discounts. (Most sales have half price days at the end of the sale - check the individual websites for details.)
- Volunteer or consign some items of your own, and you'll usually get to shop before the general public, giving you first dibs on the best stuff.
- Be picky! There's a lot to choose from, especially if you go to plenty of sales. If you're not sold on something, pass it over, there will be something else that grabs you.
And, without further ado, here is the list!
(I will come back and add sales and dates as they get announced. Please let me know if there is a sale I should have on my list!)
Local Consignment Sales - Spring 2010
As Kids Grow
Bryn Athyn, PA
Chester County MOMs
St. Luke's UCC MOPS
Just 4 Kids
Maple Shade, NJ
The Clothing Tree
Best Dressed for Less
Branch Creek MOPS
Just Kids Stuff Yard Sale
Spring-Ford Area School District March of Dimes Consignment Sale
Smart Moms Sale
Calvary Church, Souderton, PA
Just Between Friends - West Chester
Glen Mills, PA
Kids Kloset Swap
Just Between Friends - Western Mainline
Spring Chicken Sale
Valley Forge MOTTC
Just Between Friends - Reading
April 29-May 2
East Norriton, PA