Saturday, November 29, 2008

I could have sworn there were supposed to be 24 hours in a day

It seems simple. 24 hours in a day. I work for 5, sleep for 8, and have 11 remaining hours to do other things. But for some reason, it never seems to work out that way.

I get up at 3:30 am to feed the baby. I work from 5-10 am, then I come home, and the baby eats for a very very long time. Then I have to eat. Then I need a nap. Then I need to eat. Then it's bedtime again. Interspersed, of course, with more feedings and diaper changes and laundry.

So, if you come to my house, and see my sink full of dishes, and wonder, like I do, why I can't get to them during the 11 free hours I have every day, please be gracious. Those 11 hours don't exist.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm so sorry i missed the dedication! i hope it went well no baby dropping or anything. it was good to see you last week. hope you guys are doing well. say hi to val for me. :)