Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hour-a-Day April: Day Twelve

We went to the zoo today. We have a membership, and we actually go fairly often, so the actual "going to the zoo" won't be counting for HADA. However, zoo days are typically "nothing else gets done" days, so, the way I see it, anything that got accomplished today other than going to the zoo is a bonus, and therefore HADA-worthy.

Before going to the zoo this morning, I washed a few more of the big dishes, and actually managed to take a shower. I ran another load of laundry, and the dirty clothes hamper is now officially empty. I also started working on sorting through my March photos to upload. Then I packed us a lunch so we wouldn't have to buy overpriced zoo food.

I took a ton of pictures at the zoo (as I often do), and I actually downloaded all of them right after getting home, AND hooked up the external hard drive to back them up. It often takes me weeks before I get around to that. It's such a simple thing, it only takes a minute, but I usually just put it off. I'm trying to be deliberate about things that don't take very long for HADA, too. Like making the beds in the morning. It only takes a minute, and it sure is nice to a) have a nice flat space for sorting things and folding laundry and b) get into a made bed at night. I've also been taking a few minutes to tidy up the girls room every evening (usually with the girls' help). I think a tidy space makes bedtime go more smoothly, and it means I don't end up stepping on any toys when Dorothy wakes up at 2 am.

I didn't keep explicit track of things today, but I know I clocked at least an hour in there. Considering we weren't home for most of the day, I'm pretty happy with that.

Daily Total: 1 hour
Monthly Total: 12 hours

No comments: