Monday, February 23, 2009

The baby chick plays peek-a-boo

So, Valerie has this musical barn toy that she inherited from her cousin, which her cousin inherited from her other cousin. I now know why they were so eager to pass it along, because I have that stupid song in my head all the time. Is it a rule that kids' toys have to make annoying noises? That they can only play obnoxious, made-up songs?

Toy makers, here is a million dollar suggestion for you. Feel free to use it, no credit required. All I ask in return is that you send me one of the first ones off the assembly line. Make a toy that plays REAL MUSIC. Seriously, it can't be all that hard. iPods are so tiny now, you could easily squeeze one inside a toy. You don't even need to include any music, just make it so that parents can upload their own MP3s to it. Then, if my child manages to play whatever songs I used to like to death, I can always upload new ones. My sanity thanks you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one that had the song stuck in their head. It's a cute toy, but April seemed to only want to flip the pig back and forth making it oink incessantly. The worst part is that it's a toy that Valerie probably won't grow tired of for quite some time :D Also...this was as close as I could find to a toy that plays real music.
http://www.kophinos.com/toys/ipod.htm

Anonymous said...

Mwaa haaa haaa haaa haa! Oh, I guess I'll be getting it back now, won't I?

Anonymous said...

Or it may end up at Grandma's house???!!!That's ALL we need...a crazy Grandma, right??!!