Friday, November 02, 2007

Things that make me giggle

Typos on public notices. Especially Freudian typos, like this one I saw in the craft department at Wal-Mart:

"Costumers please note: there are no refunds on cut fabric."

EDIT: For those of you who missed the typo, I'm pretty sure they actually wanted their customers to note the refund policy. I've noticed this particular typo in other places before, but it struck me as particularly funny when it was used in reference to something an actual costumer might purchase.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

?????

Dawn looking for typo...

Anonymous said...

I think my personal favorite was on a customer satisfaction survey for an airline, asking:

What was the purpose of your visit:
a) business b) travail

Anonymous said...

My favourite was at a bakery counter with bins of bagels and rolls: the sign said "Please use thongs".

Emily said...

Tag, you're it! Check out the details of the meme on my blog.

P.S. I got a giggle out of the "Please use thongs", Alana!