Wednesday, April 08, 2015

HADA 2015: Day 8

My mom left this morning, but we still managed a decently productive day. I even made breakfast, lunch, and dinner! We had a play date in the morning, then John Wallace took a nice, long, much-needed nap, so I got to spend some quality one-on-one time with Dorothy making silly sentences with her sight words. (Pro-tip: Make "poop" one of your sight words. Hilarity will ensue.) Then Dorothy took a nap, and I had an unprecedented stretch of kid-free time to do one of my HADA projects, so I sat down and made a family budget spreadsheet. Woohoo, party time! Now that the hard part is done, we'll see how we do with the nearly-impossible part of actually keeping track of expenses and staying on budget. Once the excitement over the tech aspects of designing a spreadsheet wear off (What? That's totally a thing!), I'll need to find a way to keep caring about keeping it up to date. I'll let you know how that goes.

Anyhow, since this is the first time I have sat down in years and compiled a proper budget, and some things were not where I thought they would be, this project actually took several hours. (Fun fact: When I purchased renter's insurance 11 months ago and paid for a year up front, I never signed into their online system, so it couldn't find me when I tried to sign in today. Then I discovered that, although I purchased insurance from Company A, it was underwritten by Company B, but something-elsed by Company C, which was where I had to go create an online account. Good times.)

As for daily stuff, I did clean the living room before bed today, I did eat breakfast, I did make Valerie's lunch for tomorrow, and I did put away dinner. But I think that's all I will be getting done. I am seriously behind on sleep and need to go to bed early when I can.

No comments: